Sunday, February 23, 2014

40th Trip To Paris

Dear Readers,

I am about to embark on another epic "voyage" to the land pregnant with savory and tasty.
Yes, this will be my 40th time to touch down on the runways of Charles De Gaulle, and
I am armed with my camera, some clothes and a journal.  So many have said, "Billy, why
don't you take groups to France?"  And the more I think about it the more I talk myself out
of it.  Paris is about being and feeling free.  I need that for my art.  To be encumbered with
folks needing constant attention for this and that would definitely not be my idea of a trip
to Paris.  It would be like hell, a ball and chain.  I need to be able to whip my camera up to
my face and release the shutter at a moments notice.  Viewing shop windows in Paris is a
sport.  Seeing is everything almost, because tasting can be sublime.  So I think I will go it
"alone" this time as all the other times.  It will be glorious.  It will be spontaneous.  It won't
be free, however.  I may feel free but there will be a bill to pay believe me.  Along with
being the #1 tourist destination on the planet, Paris is one of the most expensive.  So be
prepared with lot's of plastic and not American Express cause the French don't like thoes
high percentages that Amex charges.  Visa or Mastercard s' il vous plait!!!

Best,

Billy Cone

No comments:

Post a Comment